Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday

Friday

Well, I made it through the week. As I reflect back on the week this evening, I realize how much I have learned. I learned a lot about PLE's and flipped classrooms, not to mention the information I gathered from the other presentations. Of course there were so many different types of technology that we learned about. Dr. Dunn made learning techie stuff fun.  Most importantly what I will take from this class doesn't come from the content but from watching Dr. Dunn. (Bandura's social learning theory in action)
I really appreciated how he made everyone feel valued and respected. Usually in a situation like this you say "I can only speak for myself" however, after spending a week with only 13 others in a class I did get to know what they thought. No matter how trivial the question (or time consuming in my case) he took the time to work with you. He encouraged and had patience. He made us laugh and enjoy a very stressful week. He was in tune to his students needs and personalities from the get go. He was professional but at the same time extremely approachable. Professors like this are few and far between. I feel very blessed to have had him as my professor for my first intensive.
Now I'm off to show my family what I learned....sock puppets and blabberize :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment